Here, you’ll have access to all the information you need to have the best vacation ever. We hope your stay at our Texas camping resort exceeds expectations. If you have any concerns during your stay, please visit us at the Ranger Station or stop one of our staff members—we would love the opportunity to address them promptly to ensure your experience is nothing short of amazing.
CHECK-IN REMINDER Campsite check-in/check-out times are 3pm/1pm Cabin check-in/check-out times are 4pm/11am
Hours of Operation
Current Hours of Operation for January 1 - March 7, 2024
Registration Station MON: 9AM - 5PM, TUE - WED: 10AM - 5PM, THUR: 9AM - 5PM, FRI: 9AM - 6PM, SAT: 9AM - 5PM, SUN: 9AM - 2PM If you arrive when the Registration Station is closed, your arrival package will be in a box at the Registration Station.
Need a little help with your amenity? Here are some instructions! If you need additional assistance, feel free to stop by the Registration Station!
1. Make sure the brake is locked before inserting the key.
2. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the right until it is in the ON position. Note: You will not hear the golf cart engine come on, most golf carts are quiet. If you turn the key all the way to the right, the head lights will illuminate. However, just one click to the right is necessary for day use.
3. Put the golf cart in the forward “F” position. The reverse “R” position is to go backwards and this will make a loud beeping noise.
4. Slowly press down on the gas. It is important that you do not slam on the gas, because golf carts start out at their full acceleration and they will jerk you.
5. Drive with caution and remember that our max speed is 5MPH. Watch out for turns, because golf carts are easy to lose control or flip over.
6. To stop the golf cart you will want to gradually press down on the brake until you hear it lock in place. It is critical that the brake is locked in place otherwise the golf cart will not remain parked.
7. Take the key out when you are not operating the golf cart.
HVAC System: 1. Use the switch on the thermostat for heat or air conditioning. 2. There is a slide on the side of the thermostat that will show the temperature. 3. There are some cabins that have a digital thermostat and will allow you to change the temperature up and down by pushing the arrow buttons. Piney Woods Cabins 12, 13 & 14: 1. Press the ON/OFF button to power the back unit on/off first. Then, make sure both units are on/off. 2. Use the MODE button to select cooling or heating. Both units have to be concurrently on cooling or heating. 3. Select the FAN button to adjust fan speed (auto, low, medium, or high). 4. Use the arrow buttons to adjust temperature (do not turn below 72 degrees). Hot Water Heater 1. ON switch can be found by the kitchen sink. 2. Turn on hot water to a strong, constant flow. There will be a delay before the hot water comes out of the faucet. 3. If you turn on the sink while using the shower, there will be a temporary loss of hot water. Yogi Bear™ Cabins 1, 2 & 3: These cabins have conventional water heaters for your convenience.
Important Information Regarding Your Stay
• Please be aware of any burn bans in affect - burn ban status can be found here.
• Quiet hours are DAILY 11PM – 8AM. • Please note, Verizon and AT&T work best at our Camp-Resort.
• Check-out is by 11AM for cabins and 1PM for campsites.
• While at the park, make sure that a car tag is visibly displayed in all vehicles.
• Wristbands must be worn during your stay.
• Max 8 people per site.
• No day camp passes available.
• Bear Visits are not available at the moment. Check in at the Ranger Station for details.
• At this time, we are not allowing early access/arrivals (before check-in).
• Place all bagged trash at the end of your site in the morning before 11 AM. Please do not place trash out overnight.
• Firewood and ice are available for purchase at the Ranger Station.
• At the end of your stay our housekeeping staff will clean your cabin and prepare it for our next guest. Before you depart, please wash any dirty dishes, put any items moved back in their original location, and bag your trash and place at the end of your site before 11AM. Guests will be charged a minimum of $150 if the cabin is excessively dirty and requires extra cleaning.
• Please help us conserve energy by turning off both outside and inside lights when they are not needed. When using AC/heating in the cabins, please close doors and windows.
• A fire ring has been provided so you can enjoy a campfire. Help us keep the park clean and protect the environment by not moving your fire ring. You will be charged $25 if the fire ring is moved. No outside firewood allowed.
• Additionally, campfires must be monitored at all times.
• The furniture inside the cabins has been designed for indoor use.
• We ask that you do not take the furniture outdoors.
• In order to provide a healthy environment for all of our guests, we prohibit smoking in all cabins. Guests will be charged an additional $250 cleaning fee if it is discovered that someone has been smoking in a cabin.
• Each cabin has been equipped with items to make your stay more enjoyable. We ask that you care for these items and leave them in the cabin when you depart. Guests will be charged for items that are damaged or are removed.
• All of our cabins are “pet friendly.” However, all pets must register at the Rangers Station upon arrival. Management may charge credit card for the cost to professionally clean the rental unit ($250 minimum charge).
Have a question or concern during your stay? Stop by the Registration Station. In the case of life threatening emergencies, dial 911. Please notify the Camp-Resort staff if you call 911 so we can assist in getting emergency personnel to the correct location in the park.
Registration Station: (903) 858-2405
Park After Hours Emergency Line:(903) 858-2405; press 3
What are the Piney Woods? What are the benefits of Piney Woods camping?
The Piney Woods is a sprawling and dense forest of pines. This majestic forestland is home to plenty of interesting fauna and wildlife. Staying at our East Texas campground gives you the chance to see the Piney Woods up close and expierence its beauty.
What makes you one of the best campgrounds in Texas for families?
We’re known as one of the best family campgrounds in Texas due to the countless activities and attractions we have to offer! If you’re looking for a Texas campground with a water park and pools, you’ve come to the right place. Our Water Playground is great for kids and features various water blasters, cannons, and slides, while our spacious swimming pool is perfect for kids and adults alike! We also have laser tag, jumping pillow, mini golf, themed events, and more. You can view all of our attractions here.
How far away is your Texas campground from Dallas?
Lucky for you, we offer some of the best camping near Dallas, because our Camp-Resort is located only an hour and a half away. We also offer some of the best RV camping and cabin rentals near Dallas, with 15+ accommodation types!
How do I add an add-on to my reservation at your Texas campground?
Great question! You can add a golf cart, linens, any of our other add-ons to your reservation by calling us or by adding one to your reservation while booking online!
Why should I stay at your East Texas campground over other campgrounds in the area?
Our campground near Dallas is in the heart of East Texas and has a variety of cabin & campsite options! Plus, we offer many more attractions and activities than any other campground nearby - including our water playground, pool, jumping pillows, mini golf, themed events, and more. These attractions, plus our friendly staff, set us apart from other Piney Woods campgrounds.
Can my friends come visit?
Absolutely! Guests must pay a visitor fee and the number of people per campsite cannot exceed 8.
Do you offer Winter Texan/snowbird camping at your Texas camping resort?
Yes, we do! We offer a variety of long term accommodations, making our Camp-Resort one of the best extended stay campgrounds in Texas. If you’re looking for a monthly RV park in Texas that has numerous RV site types to choose from, we’ve got you covered. We also have numerous cabin types for those who don’t own an RV, but would still like to enjoy snowbird camping in Texas. You can learn more about our monthly campground here.